Acceptable Use Policy
Last Revised 10 August 2000
- Skerja.net Neighborhood Internetsm (herinafter Skerja.net, We, Us or Our) runs an internet service provider for the mutual benefit of our surfer customers and the web community. We require certain responsible standards of behavior while using Skerja.net as your access point to the worldwide web. If you are the type of person who really has a difficult time establishing what responsible behavior is, either you were recently the subject of a widely publicized trial regarding software monopoly OR you just need to read & head the pointers below. We make no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantibility or fitness of this service for a particular purpose. We takes no responsibility for any damages you suffer through use of Our service including, but not limited to, loss of data from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, or service interruptions caused
by Skerja.net's own negligence, force majeure or your errors, and/or omissions.
- Personal account connections have idle timers which terminate a dial-up session
after 15 minutes of inactivity. Idle timers may not be defeated by auto-generation
of data mimicking surfer activity. Personal accounts are for interactive use only.
- Skerja.net allows no more than one (1) dial-up connection from a personal account at a time.
- IRC robots (bots) are not permitted on Skerja.net's systems.
- Disk space quotas for personal accounts include storage of World Wide Web,
anonymous FTP, e-mail files and personal files. Personal accounts must not exceed
their disk quota or they may be suspended until the customer brings the disk
space under the quota limit, or purchases additional disk space. Additional disk
space is available for a nominal monthly charge.
- Personal Web pages and FTP locations may be reclassified as commercial
based on the volume of data transfer or content. If Skerja.net determines that personal Web or FTP space is being used for commercial purposes, We will add additional charges for commercial Web or FTP hosting to the customer's account and will bill the customer retroactively to the start date of that account. Personal Web sites exceeding 1 Gigabyte (GB) per month of traffic will be billed as a commercial Web site.
- Skerja.net reserves the right to terminate any account which is used for the unauthorized transfer or storage of material which is in violation of U.S.
copyright or export laws. Therefore, it is the surfer's responsibility to maintain
any publicly or privately accessible directories and keep them free from content
violating U.S. copyright or export laws. Software piracy is strictly forbidden
and is defined here as any unauthorized copying or transfer of a computer
program in any manner other than what is permitted by copyright law or by the
author as stated in the software licensing agreement. This includes, but
is not limited to: material protected by patent, copyright, or trade secret.
Any person engaging in software piracy will have their account terminated.
- Abuse of technical or customer support call center services or personnel
is not tolerated. Support will not be provided to abusive surfers and repeated
abuse may result in termination of the surfer's account(s).
- Unsolicited advertising (a.k.a. spamming) via e-mail newsgroup
posting is prohibited. Spamming is cause for immediate termination and penalties
may be charged to an account. Skerja.net considers the following activities as
- Posting or e-mailing offers such as make money fast and
pyramid or chain letter.
- Making fraudulent offers of products, items, or services.
- Posting unsolicited advertisements for products, items, or services
to five (5) or more unrelated newsgroups, forums, mailing lists, or e-mail
- Sending e-mail with headers altered with the intent to disguise the
- Using Skerja.net servers to relay unsolicited commercial e-mail.
- A message is considered unsolicited if it is posted in violation of a newsgroup
and/or is sent to a recipient who has not requested or invited receival of the message.
For the purposes of this provision, merely making one's e-mail address accessible to
the public shall not constitute a request or invitation to receive messages.
- Unacceptable behavior will result in immediate account termination. Examples of
unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to:
- Harassing others by mail-bombing or news-bombing.
- Falsifying surfer information provided to Skerja.net.
- Posting articles to any newsgroup, mailing list, or similar forum which
are off topic according to the charter or other public statements of the
- Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission,
originating or passing through Skerja.net's services.
- Threatening bodily harm or property damage to individuals or groups.
- Distributing computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage
or alter a computer system without the owner's consent.
- Installation of auto-responders, cancel-bots, or
other similar mechanisms which generate excessive network traffic, disrupt
newsgroups, or e-mail.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Contents Copyright ©1996-2000 Systems Thinking Institute LLC and its respective divisions.